TQS3-O Outdoor RS485 Thermometer
A digital thermometer for RS485; outdoor design with IP65 protection. It measures temperatures in the range from -55 ° C to +125 ° C and the measured value is sent in degrees Celsius. The thermometer has very low consumption and communicates via Spinel or MODBUS protocols. The TQS3 intelligent temperature sensor can be connected to other modules by a single bus, which can be up to 1200 m long.
New feature: The users can now switch between the Spinel and Modbus RTU communication protocols using ModbusConfigurator software.
The thermometer communicates via RS485 using the Spinel or MODBUS RTU protocol. In the case of Spinel protocol, the thermometer can be connected to a joint communication link with other devices of our company – most of our devices communicate via the Spinel protocol. TQS3 can communicate via the binary as well as ASCII format of the Spinel protocol. ASCII format is very simple – the instructions can be sent and the measured values read to/by some of the many terminals for serial communication. For machine processing, it is preferable to use the binary format of the protocol. For both versions, the documentation provides specific examples.
In the case of communication by the MODBUS RTU protocol, the thermometer can be easily integrated into the systems that communicate via this industrial protocol.
Features of RS485 thermometer
- Thermometer measuring temperatures from -55 to +125 °C.
- 0,1 °C resolution
- Accuracy ±0,5 °C from -10 to +85 °C, otherwise ±2 °C
- Communication line RS485 - up to 32 devices can be connected on a single bus (even more when a repeater is used)
Outdoor model with a sensor in a metal rod. Sensor diameter 6mm.
- Spinel or MODBUS RTU communication protocol (to be selected by the user; the factory default setting is the Spinel protocol)
- Low power requirements (typically 2 mA)
- Wago terminal connection
No subscription fees to use the device, ever.