EV Noise Emitter Sound Generator PAWS Pedestrian Alert Warning System for EVs BLACK
BACK IN STOCK!
NEW Black-coloured version of the PAWS PRODUCT -- ALL IN ONE UNIT (replacement for silver-colour model). Operates in the same manner as the previous PAWS units
Need a WEATHERPROOF version? Please see: W-PAWS
Alert pedestrians to the presence of your EV, with ours PAWS Pedestrian Alert Warning System. The perfect buddy for your electric vehicle! Also known as an Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS).
PAWS in an all-in-one unit that packs-a-punch and allows you to play one of 7 user selected / user programmable MP3 audio tracks, to warn pedestrians or cyclists that you are near. You can even emit a truck reversing tone for when you're reversing!
If beeping your car horn would be inappropriate or potentially dangerous, use PAWS instead! Trigger one of the gentle and pedestrian friendly alert tones (such as a simple bike bell sound, to a futurist electric car moving tone), to warn the unsuspecting person of your presence.
Check out the video of the PAWS unit going through the 7 pre-installed sounds.
And if you don't like our 7 pre-installed selection of PAWS alert tones, simply replace our tones with your own, using the supplied USB cable! That's right, just "mount" the PAWS system like a USB thumb drive, on your PC or Mac to replace the MP3 files with your own audio tracks. You can even make your Telsa or Leaf sound like a V8 engine if you like!
Not sure what sound to use? That's OK -- try out the PAWS unit with the pre-loaded sounds, and if you can't find one to your liking, let us know, and we'll help you find one that does suit your vehicle / lifestyle / sound you're after!
Standard (replaceable) MP3 tones include:
- 'Accelerating' electric car tone
- 'Decelerating' car tone
- Jetsons car flying sound
- Bike ring-pull bell
- V8 Muscle car sound
- Knight-rider car scanning sound
- Reversing beeping sound
This is our original version of PAWS -- in one SELF CONTAINED unit (including a built in speaker). Place the unit in your EV's Frunk, and wire through to you cabin.
To trigger a sound, simply send a negative pulse to one of the 7 numbered inputs, and that sound will fire.
Adjustable volume knob means that you can quieten down the PAWS' 10watt output, to a quieter level to suit your needs, depending how loud the PAWS unit is in your EV. You can even use one of the PAWS triggers to make a 'reversing' tone if you like.
The PAWS units can be installed on fork-lifts, pallet loaders, or other industrial vehicles that need to be able to alert others, to your presence.
Hook-up is easy. Plug the unit into 12-40v DC. Add whatever type of trigger button you like, to suit your vehicle.
- Working voltage: 12-40V DC, 1A
- Terminal block connections
- USB Micro port connection for uploading files (BYO cable)
- Volume dial knob, to set volume to your liking
- Powerful 10 watt built-in speaker output (with user adjustable volume, in case you need to dial it down a little)
- Audio formats: MP3 & WAV
- PAWS "brains" with built-in speaker unit size: ~120mm x 120 x 36mm - black aluminum case
- Supported bit-rates: 32, 64, 128, 256 and 320kbps (MP3) -- 128kbps recommended for best use of available flash memory.
- Supported bit-rates: 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1 and 48khz (WAV)
- Recording frequency: 44.1khz recommended (22.05khz not recommended). If you have 22.05khz audio files, it is recommended to convert to 44.1khz
- Memory capacity onboard PAWS: 8mb
- 7-triggerable audio files (named 001-007)
- The PAWS all-in-one speaker unit it's self.
- Full instructions
- Add an external speaker via the 3.5mm audio-jack connection
Recommended power source:
- Auxiliary socket / cigarette lighter plug (not included) OR
- "Add-a-Circuit" fuse-tap power source (available from auto-supply shops and electronics stores)
- Mounting screws and hook-up wire are not included.
- PAWS is not IP rated / not waterproof. Please place the PAWS unit inside your frunk, inside an enclosure, or somewhere protected from the rain / weather elements, to protect the electronics.
- If you wish, connect a weatherproof speaker to the 3.5mm audio jack, to create a modular weatherproof solution.
- Please see: W-PAWS for the fully weatherproof model.
- When mounting your PAWS all in one speaker, please check behind your desired mounting location, to ensure the location is safe to drill into.
- Please use your PAWS unit responsibly (within local road / transport regulations in Australia) -- PAWS units are only designed to gently alert pedestrians to your presence, and shouldn't be used for any other purpose.
We recommend using your PAWS noise emitter on your EV in Australia in situations where pedestrians or cyclists are unlikely to otherwise hear your electric vehicle.
** FAST & FREE EXPRESS POST FOR ALL PAWS ORDERS **